Mrs. Karen Anderson – Nebo School District
I want to introduce you to a teacher named Karen Anderson. Karen has been teaching for 25 years. Her kindness and warm smile have brightened the day of hundreds of children. Most of her teaching years were spent in the first grade. Karen loves to teach others to read and there are many individuals who have a love of reading because of her influence. Karen follows her first graders achievements throughout their schooling and she sends graduation card to each of those students.
A few years ago Karen that the opportunity to become a literacy specialist for Nebo School District, teaching other teachers the best practices for reading instruction. Even though she didn’t want to leave the classroom, Karen knew that she would have an influence on even more children in this way. Where ever Karen goes there are always students and teachers coming up to her, thanking her for being a positive influence in their lives.
This pas year has been a challenging one for Karen. Last summer she was diagnosed with cancer and has spent the past year fighting for her life. The first day of school in August was particularly difficult because Karen wanted to be in the schools. A steady steam of students, fellow teachers, parents and friends visit Karen and they continue to learn from her positive attitude and love of life.
Karen has not only influenced the lives of countless children, she has also had a profound impact on her own family. Her husband and four of her six children have chosen to obtain their degrees in education and follow in her footsteps. Karen is truly an exemplary individual who has chosen to dedicate her life to teaching others.
Thank you for the opportunity to tell you about Mrs. Anderson,
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Legislative committee discusses rule banning conversion therapy
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- Records set for 100 degree days in SLC and flood warnings statewide
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide