Mrs. Karen Anderson – Nebo School District
I want to introduce you to a teacher named Karen Anderson. Karen has been teaching for 25 years. Her kindness and warm smile have brightened the day of hundreds of children. Most of her teaching years were spent in the first grade. Karen loves to teach others to read and there are many individuals who have a love of reading because of her influence. Karen follows her first graders achievements throughout their schooling and she sends graduation card to each of those students.
A few years ago Karen that the opportunity to become a literacy specialist for Nebo School District, teaching other teachers the best practices for reading instruction. Even though she didn’t want to leave the classroom, Karen knew that she would have an influence on even more children in this way. Where ever Karen goes there are always students and teachers coming up to her, thanking her for being a positive influence in their lives.
This pas year has been a challenging one for Karen. Last summer she was diagnosed with cancer and has spent the past year fighting for her life. The first day of school in August was particularly difficult because Karen wanted to be in the schools. A steady steam of students, fellow teachers, parents and friends visit Karen and they continue to learn from her positive attitude and love of life.
Karen has not only influenced the lives of countless children, she has also had a profound impact on her own family. Her husband and four of her six children have chosen to obtain their degrees in education and follow in her footsteps. Karen is truly an exemplary individual who has chosen to dedicate her life to teaching others.
Thank you for the opportunity to tell you about Mrs. Anderson,
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- A Black football player told another teen not to call him the n-word. He was ejected
- Child porn investigation leads to meth discovery, closure of Sandy daycare
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Gov. Cox proposes investment to protect, manage Great Salt Lake
- Emmett Till’s investigation closed, no justice for his family
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Parents knowingly sent their child to school after they tested positive for Covid-19, 75…
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games