“My son was diagnosed with ADHD in 2018. He was lucky enough to find Mrs. Bennett in first grade after struggling pretty bad in Kindergarten. She has been such a blessing. He absolutely loves her and she helps him so much. He has been blessed to have her for 1st, 2nd and now 3rd grade. With many changes at the school, she is the one constant thing that keeps him grounded.
During the pandemic and online schooling she made monthly homework packets that included everything they needed. She had a library set out on her front porch with books and school supplies to help ease the burden. She made You Tube videos for every assignment and did zoom meetings so the kids could see her. Every year she does a fun activity and makes t-shirts with the kids. They wear them every Wednesday for class spirit day. She’s such an amazing teacher and we love her so much ❤️”
Submitted by: Brandi Sega
Submit your teaching hero! Click here to submit your teacher
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Bus driver from Alpine School District fired over posters on the bus
- Maggie has her day in the snow
- Utah man finishes World Championship half Ironman while dying from ALS
- Analysts: Mental health calls to Safe UT app ‘more intense’ since pandemic
- Armed robbery at an Ogden 7/11
- Parent speaks about posters found on Alpine School District bus
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?
- Teacher at center of video controversy no longer with Alpine District
- Shining a Light on Domestic Violence: Gabby Petito case brings DV to the forefront