Mrs Kristine Bennett, Foothill Elementary
“My son was diagnosed with ADHD in 2018. He was lucky enough to find Mrs. Bennett in first grade after struggling pretty bad in Kindergarten. She has been such a blessing. He absolutely loves her and she helps him so much. He has been blessed to have her for 1st, 2nd and now 3rd grade. With many changes at the school, she is the one constant thing that keeps him grounded.
During the pandemic and online schooling she made monthly homework packets that included everything they needed. She had a library set out on her front porch with books and school supplies to help ease the burden. She made You Tube videos for every assignment and did zoom meetings so the kids could see her. Every year she does a fun activity and makes t-shirts with the kids. They wear them every Wednesday for class spirit day. She’s such an amazing teacher and we love her so much ❤️”
Submitted by: Brandi Sega
Submit your teaching hero! Click here to submit your teacher
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- A Google analysis shows which words are the most confusing to Americans
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Pantone reveals 2023 Color of the Year and new exhibit