Mrs. Shelly Fojtek – Tolman Elementary
Dear KSL Teacher feature review committee,
I would love to tell you about an amazing teacher that has influenced and enriched our students at Tolman Elementary.
Her name: Shelly Fojtek who teaches sixth grade at Tolman Elementary. Mrs. Fojtek has an ability to bring a positive atmosphere in her classroom which is a catalyst for her students to use in their study habits and leaning environment. She allows plenty of time for classroom instruction and also does one on one instruction for those students who may have questions or need extra help. She is always available before or after school and even has lunch in her room many days to help students.
The thing that impresses me most about her classroom demeanor is she never loses her temper. She allows students choices and consequences for their decisions and she reinforces the decision they make, but even with six grades she never loses her cool. This in turn teaches the students to be responsible for their choices.
Mrs. Fojtek lets her students know that she cares out of the school day by attending the extra curricular activities her students are involved in. Three of our five children have had her as an instructor and in those years we have had her sit with us four hours watching our children play soccer and Junior Jazz basket ball. She has attended dance recitals and even been inducted as an honorary team member of boys Jr. Jazz basket ball team because she came to so many of their games. Truly each student knows she cares about them as an individual.
It’s as if she is personal cheerleader for each of her students and those who have advanced to another grade.
One thing that has set Mrs. Fojtek on our pedestal is her ability to be so creative in her teaching. Normal subjects come to life as she makes learning fun, by hands-on activities: Mummifying a Cornish hen while studying about King Tut, making a life size sarcophagus. When studying the Greeks the obvious activity is the Olympics. The entire class makes tie dyed shirts to finish the unit on Africa.
Mrs. Fojtek is an amazing person, whose passion in life is teaching and making a personal difference to every student in her circle of influence in the class room. My pick for the best teacher goes to Shelley Fojetk of Tolman Elementary.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- What you need to know about the 2022 Sundance Film Festival and COVID-19
- Chad Hayman, Tremonton Police Department
- Dropping ‘Big Lie’ a good first step toward compromise, says former Arizona senator
- Second officer released from hospital after shooting in West Valley City
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?