Rabecca Cisneros, Itineris Early College High School
“Ms. Cisneros is famous for the stories and life experience she brings to her classroom. She engages students with real-life information that she ties to her curriculum. She is passionate about education and has earned two Master’s degrees. She holds the students to high standards, but they are so engaged in the class that they don’t recognize it as hard work.
She is encouraging, uplifting, and supportive of other teachers and always has a listening ear.
She is very aware of the students, even over Zoom (she even notices when someone sneezes out of a whole screen full of student faces). She keeps track of birthdays and the details students share with her. Building relationships is her most important priority.”
Submitted by: Marlene Honeycutt
Submit your teaching hero! Click here to submit your teacher
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays
- Utah resolution proposing Friday designation for Halloween celebrations advances