Randall Kammerman – Herriman High School
When Randall Kammerman gave up a good position in the business sector to be a high school business teacher, he knew that he would be giving his students knowledge and practice that would help them be more successful adults. As a high school student a few years ago, he was influenced by great mentor teachers and experienced the difference a great teacher can make. He wanted to be that teacher for his students.
Randy’s philosophy towards teaching is reflective of this background. He is incredibly perceptive and notices his students, especially those who may be struggling along a difficult path. Recently he mentioned to a colleague that he has a student who is living away from her home and trying to make it by herself. He indicated that she had asked some excellent questions about living in an apartment and how to handle situations with landlords and repairs. Students feel comfortable approaching him – especially students who would normally not approach a teacher for help.
Randy uses a variety of instructional activities. He has done an engaging activity in which students have to create a reasonable budget for a vacation. In addition, Randy had students create a presentation to sell him insurance. He is a tough sell, by the way. Perhaps the most telling reason he should receive this recognition is because of his incredibly competitive investing competition. His students have “money” invested in various stocks and must beat the class average. Several of his students have gone to other teachers for investment advice in order to get an edge in class. They are motivated.
Randy Kammerman is a teacher kids love to learn from. He is funny, personable, and very capable. Students know that he lives the financial principles he teaches and have confidence that they will benefit from his expertise.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?