Rick Sannar, American Fork Junior High
“Mr. Sannar is an educator/counselor at American Fork Junior High. He is markedly known for teaching “Learning to Breathe” and “Unwind” groups to help students practice mindfulness based stress reduction real time. He has given so much to AFJH including contributions to a former teacher band “Midlife Crisis.” Mr. Sannar is an incredible example of going the extra mile. He brings a unique sense of calm and humor. He is willing to do whatever it takes to help a teacher feel connected to the faculty or a student find belonging in the school.
This week he took the lead to host a breakfast to tell the teachers and staff thank you for everything they have done this year with all of the adjustments to the 2020-2021 school year. He left super early to make sure the food was there and make sure the faculty knew just how appreciated they are.
Mr. Sannar draws from personal and professional knowledge to connect with kids. He has a unique perspective and listens actively.”
Submitted by: Dane Hanvey
Submit your teaching hero! Click here to submit your teacher
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Moscow police say 6th person on lease isn’t involved in Idaho homicides
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Fiercely self-sufficient Hell’s Backbone cafe owners turn to public for help