“Mr. Sannar is an educator/counselor at American Fork Junior High. He is markedly known for teaching “Learning to Breathe” and “Unwind” groups to help students practice mindfulness based stress reduction real time. He has given so much to AFJH including contributions to a former teacher band “Midlife Crisis.” Mr. Sannar is an incredible example of going the extra mile. He brings a unique sense of calm and humor. He is willing to do whatever it takes to help a teacher feel connected to the faculty or a student find belonging in the school.
This week he took the lead to host a breakfast to tell the teachers and staff thank you for everything they have done this year with all of the adjustments to the 2020-2021 school year. He left super early to make sure the food was there and make sure the faculty knew just how appreciated they are.
Mr. Sannar draws from personal and professional knowledge to connect with kids. He has a unique perspective and listens actively.”
Submitted by: Dane Hanvey
Submit your teaching hero! Click here to submit your teacher
Today’s Top Stories
- Verdict is in: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd’s death
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Dr. Angela Dunn to leave state health department for Salt Lake County
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- Utah health leaders predict increase in COVID-19 cases
- Utah State University football player faces 8 charges, including rape
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- Face masks required in Utah national parks, but not in all gateway cities
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day