Samantha Sparrow, Taylor Canyon Elementary
Rarely do you meet a teacher who cares as much as Mrs. Sparrow. She is the Special Ed teacher for her elementary school and her class is her family. She refers to her students as “my kids” and treats them with loving respect. She often says ‘just because someone has special needs, doesn’t mean they deserve special treatment’, and she pushes her kids to achieve behavior milestones that will benefit them through their lives. Learning is important, but to Mrs. Sparrow it comes second to loving the child and setting them up for long term success.
Mrs. Sparrow is the type of teacher that is there for you, even after you’re not in her class. She has formed close relationships with many of the families that had students in her class, and visits them regularly. Birthday parties, holidays, you name it- Mrs. Sparrow is there for these kids to let them know they have someone cheering for them and expecting them to succeed. She truly is an incredible teacher that deserves all the recognition in the world.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers