Shaun Evensen, Indian Hills Middle School
Oct 6, 2022, 9:32 AM | Updated: Dec 22, 2022, 3:06 pm
“Mr. Evensen is on his 30th year of teaching and has never failed to give it his all, which I can validly say since I’ve personally seen all the behind the scenes. He creates an environment in his classroom where his students can learn and grow with each other. I think all of his students can appreciate his cheesy science teacher jokes to some extent or another. In the last few years, he has also started a successful chemistry club, which he has taken on full time this school year along with his teaching. You can tell how much he values the education of his students, and he will do whatever it takes to ensure they understand the material he’s teaching. If it takes staying late after school or even pausing his lesson for a student’s needs, he will do it. He will create hands on lessons to allow the kids to not only learn, but have fun. In fact it makes the learning even greater! Teaching hasn’t always been easy, but he has taken it on with great ambition and has always put his students first. He has and continues to leave a great impact on the school.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- New Great Salt Lake commissioner says he hopes Utah avoids ‘Great Salt Lake fatigue’
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Hydrologist optimistic about Salt Lake County runoff picture as thunderstorm threat looms
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Utah historian uncovers artifacts from 1983 floods
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- U.S. Department of Labor is suing the Chinatown Supermarket in Salt Lake
- Plane makes emergency landing in West Jordan, no injuries reported