Steve Barfuss, American Academy of Innovation
Mr. Barfuss teaches my son Ethan both language arts and poetry. I would not have predicted that my video game loving 14-year-old would come to love poetry, writing poetry, but he does because of this incredible teacher. I asked Ethan what is so incredible about Mr. Barfuss and he said, “He’s one of the teachers who doesn’t teach for a job. He does it because he really loves it. He has lots of devotion to his students.”
We never know how opening up a heart can change a life, we just know it’s for the better. Thank you Mr. Barfuss.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Unsheltered Utah opens warming tent for unhoused people to escape frigid temperatures