Susan Enrico – Welby Elementary School
My daughter started her 6th grade year at a new school, Welby elementary. We were all scared, but knew it was a good move. Kameron was placed in Mrs. Enrico’s class, and what a blessing it was.
Kameron was previously in a school where they tested her and found her ADHD, and behind in math by 2 years. So Kameron went to resource part of the day. Kameron struggled through, so they had her in resource for the better part of the day. She struggled, and socially was not interacting with her peers in school. Her self-esteem fell and so did her grades.
After moving her to Welby elementary Kameron was tested by her resource teacher and Mrs. Enrico. they came up with the results that we were so happy to hear, Kameron did not need to be in resource at all. She was behind in math, but not as much as the previous school had said. She went the full day in Mrs. Enrico’s class, and she soared in improving grades and self-esteem. Mrs. Enrico took her under her wing and worked with Kameron closely.
Mrs. Enrico’s class is a very structured class with assignments geared to prepare students for middle School. She assigned the students to study extensively the ancient Greeks and history fair projects. Kameron took all of this on without help from her parents, and she did a wonderful job.
Mrs. Enrico is a blessing in our eyes. She saw potential and worked with it rather than sending her to resource. Mrs. Enrico had a better attitude compared to the see ya attitude we had with previous teachers. Mrs. Enrico has at least 2 masters’ degrees and can get a higher paying job I am certain. She chose to mold young lives and I am eternally grateful.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon