Susan Enrico – Welby Elementary School
My daughter started her 6th grade year at a new school, Welby elementary. We were all scared, but knew it was a good move. Kameron was placed in Mrs. Enrico’s class, and what a blessing it was.
Kameron was previously in a school where they tested her and found her ADHD, and behind in math by 2 years. So Kameron went to resource part of the day. Kameron struggled through, so they had her in resource for the better part of the day. She struggled, and socially was not interacting with her peers in school. Her self-esteem fell and so did her grades.
After moving her to Welby elementary Kameron was tested by her resource teacher and Mrs. Enrico. they came up with the results that we were so happy to hear, Kameron did not need to be in resource at all. She was behind in math, but not as much as the previous school had said. She went the full day in Mrs. Enrico’s class, and she soared in improving grades and self-esteem. Mrs. Enrico took her under her wing and worked with Kameron closely.
Mrs. Enrico’s class is a very structured class with assignments geared to prepare students for middle School. She assigned the students to study extensively the ancient Greeks and history fair projects. Kameron took all of this on without help from her parents, and she did a wonderful job.
Mrs. Enrico is a blessing in our eyes. She saw potential and worked with it rather than sending her to resource. Mrs. Enrico had a better attitude compared to the see ya attitude we had with previous teachers. Mrs. Enrico has at least 2 masters’ degrees and can get a higher paying job I am certain. She chose to mold young lives and I am eternally grateful.
Today’s Top Stories
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- One person in critical condition after Sunday night shooting
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Senate race between Lee and McMullin is tight as election day gets closer