Susie Gaily, Pioneer Elementary
Jun 7, 2022, 9:18 AM | Updated: Jun 22, 2022, 1:10 pm
“This is a teacher who from the day she started teaching has always gone far and drying the call of teacher. She has taken her job as seriously from day one to day 6,050 and continues. This teacher offers her severe multiply disabled students real life opportunities that most of them would never get to experience.
Her love for children and teaching are unremarkable. There is also not a hiliday or special day for each disability that goes unnoticed. You will find her celebrating Christmas with Santa and a ton of gifts or having and Easter egg hunt with 10,000 filled eggs and gifts every year. She teaches her students about public transportation and gets them to and from events that way. Her students make so much progress each year and she is able to have them go to higher functioning classrooms. This teacher also lost her husband with three small children of her own to raise and has just recently faced cancer having a double mastectomy, chemotherapy, radiation and multiple doctor appointments that she does before and after school so she misses as little time from teaching as possible. She has used her Personal finances to raise her kids and do all the extra experiences for her students. I think Ms. Gaily should have a chance to be recognized and put into the drawing for the 25K. This is an amazing teacher that exerts herself to do the best for her students and her family. I am soo proud to call her my mom, she is a one in a million all around unique and special person.
Thanks for letting me tell you about this amazing 32 year veteran teacher!”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- New Great Salt Lake commissioner says he hopes Utah avoids ‘Great Salt Lake fatigue’
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Hydrologist optimistic about Salt Lake County runoff picture as thunderstorm threat looms
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- Utah historian uncovers artifacts from 1983 floods
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- U.S. Department of Labor is suing the Chinatown Supermarket in Salt Lake
- Years before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan sank a US warship in China