Valerie James, Eagle Valley Elementary
“Valerie has taught in Idaho and Utah for 20 years. She teaches the children through letters, names and sounds. She teaches kids basic math, basic writing skills, art, music and the outdoors. She makes all of her children she teaches welcomed and inclusive all on the same team as equals. Every year she gives out books for Christmas, for their own birthday and for graduation. Reading is huge to be successful and this is why she gives books to her children. Valerie’s kids scores high on their state tests and Valerie is making a difference in their lives.”
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk