Wanda Bullard – Washington Elementary School
Wanda is an amazing teacher. She is a hard worker in her class. She is actively seeking new resources and planning activities. She made the switch from a middle school teacher to a kindergarten teacher about 6 years ago. How brave! She always has a smile and freely states how much that she LOVES kindergarten.
Wanda teaches at a Title 1 one school. Every year she has about 10 ESL students. She teaches a challenging curriculum and to a student population that has its own challenges. A few students in her class live at the Road Home, a homeless shelter. She has made conference appointments at the Road Home and has travelled there to make the appointments.
Wanda has a soft approach to teaching kindergarten. The children respond so well to her gentle but firm guidance. Older children that were in her class come and regularly visit. The children know the boundaries; they feel the love and guidance from her.
I have volunteered in her classroom. She is very creative and patient with these young learners. She has created a warm atmosphere in her classroom. The student work is constantly changing that is displayed on the walls.
Wanda has inspired me as a teacher. She has taught me things that have helped me create my own philosophy for teaching. I have seen the children bright eyes and attentive ears when she speaks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City