Yunliang Bao, Foothills Elementary
“Yunliang Bao is a 3rd-grade DLI Chinese Teacher at Foothills Elementary. She is the team leader for our team of DLI Chinese Teachers. She is innovative and always thinks outside of the box. During Chinese New Year, she planned and coordinated two days of Chinese culture for students and the community. We had a great turnout. Our school aims to help our community get involved with the Chinese culture, not just the DLI students. She has helped us create unity between general education and the DLI Chinese program. She also planned and coordinated our Wellness Day activity, making dumplings. We had staff, community members, and Board members come out to learn how to make and eat them. She always looks for ways to improve and enhance the DLI program for students and the community. In the classroom, she is an excellent teacher and is intentional in her teaching strategies so students are always learning and engaged.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides
- Seven Canyons Fountain will be ‘reimagined’ into dry art feature
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws