Yvonne Grover, Monte Vista Elementary
“It is hard to sum up all of the great things Mrs. Grover does on behalf of her third grade Chinese students at Monte Vista. She gives up her time before and after school to tutor students who are struggling with the Chinese language. She does this because of her deep desire to help her students become the best they can be. She sets high expectations for her students and herself and consistently exceeds them. She also gives up her own time to tutor second grade students for one of her colleagues who is on a medical leave of absence. Even though her students learn math in Chinese they consistently are among the highest scores in our school, district and state. She leaves a lasting impact on her students and it is not unusual to see her past students come back to “catch up” with Mrs. Grover – of course the conversation is totally spoke in Chinese. A great teacher knows that students generally give to teachers as much or as little as is expected of them – Mrs. Grover is a great teacher.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Bruce Willis’ wife Emma Heming marks his birthday with moving message about grief
- Open house for Richmond Virginia Temple begins this week
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Why a Trump indictment would have huge political and national implications
- When is the right age to retire?
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped