Sandy police chief placed on leave amid investigation
SANDY — Sandy City police have confirmed Chief Kevin Thacker is on paid administrative leave as a result of an internal investigation.
The department issued a three-sentence press release announcing the probe. It did not provide any specific information about the topic or substance of the investigation, only that it began on Monday.
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) April 4, 2018
Sandy police Sgt. Jason Nielsen declined to provide additional details when contacted by KSL Newsradio on Thursday afternoon.
Thacker became Sandy’s chief in 2014, having previously served as an officer in the department.
The statement notes Sandy City takes all personnel matters seriously.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Church of Jesus Christ announces hack affecting community members’ personal data