Plane makes emergency landing on I-15 Riverdale Road
RIVERDALE, Utah – An emergency airplane landing on Southbound I-15 near the Riverdale area closed two southbound lanes of travel Saturday morning.
The crash occurred around 8 AM at milepost 339 in Weber County near the Riverdale Road exit.
SB I-15 at MP 339 (Riverdale Rd/SR-26) Weber Co.
Right Lanes Closed.
Est. Clearance Time: 8:56 AM
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) May 26, 2018
According to Corporal Andrew Battenfield, a new female pilot had to make the emergency landing on the freeway underneath the Riverdale Road overpass structure.
“It is unknown if the cause of the landing was mechanical or medical,” says Battenfield.
He also says the plane collided with another car which received minor damage. UDOT traffic camera’s show no damage to the airplane and there are no injuries involved.
UDOT’s official website estimates the area would not be completely cleared until about 12:30 PM.
This story will be updated as more information is gathered.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought