Plane makes emergency landing on I-15 Riverdale Road
RIVERDALE, Utah – An emergency airplane landing on Southbound I-15 near the Riverdale area closed two southbound lanes of travel Saturday morning.
The crash occurred around 8 AM at milepost 339 in Weber County near the Riverdale Road exit.
SB I-15 at MP 339 (Riverdale Rd/SR-26) Weber Co.
Right Lanes Closed.
Est. Clearance Time: 8:56 AM
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) May 26, 2018
According to Corporal Andrew Battenfield, a new female pilot had to make the emergency landing on the freeway underneath the Riverdale Road overpass structure.
“It is unknown if the cause of the landing was mechanical or medical,” says Battenfield.
He also says the plane collided with another car which received minor damage. UDOT traffic camera’s show no damage to the airplane and there are no injuries involved.
UDOT’s official website estimates the area would not be completely cleared until about 12:30 PM.
This story will be updated as more information is gathered.
Today’s Top Stories
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Driving Utah’s most dangerous roads: What you need to know
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony