Reports: USU hires Mike Sanford Jr. as offensive coordinator
ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg reported it first but he says his sources tell him Utah State Football will hire Mike Sanford Jr. as its offensive coordinator.
SOURCE: Utah State is hiring former Western Kentucky coach Mike Sanford as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Sanford spent the past two seasons at WKU, and also has been an offensive coordinator at both Notre Dame and Boise State. Still only… https://t.co/bp6raexQaJ
— Adam Rittenberg (@ESPNRittenberg) December 14, 2018
Sanford Jr. spent the past two seasons as head coach for Western Kentucky. His went 9-16 in those years. He has also been an offensive coordinator for Notre Dame and Boise State. Before that he served in different roles at Stanford. Sanford Jr. also played quarterback for Boise State from 2000-2004.
His father, Mike Sanford Sr., was the offensive coordinator for the University of Utah from 2003-2004 and was an assistant head coach to Gary Andersen in 2012.
Sanford Jr. led his Western Kentucky Hilltoppers to a bowl game in 2017, but the school fired him in November after a going 3-9 this year.
Andersen was recently brought back to Utah State which became official Sunday. He officially hired Justin Ena as defense coordinator Thursday.
Today’s Top Stories
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- NWS issues severe thunderstorm warning in Grand County
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- First freedoms: The interconnectedness of First Amendment rights
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring