WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — Police in West Valley City have identified a man who was fatally shot by an officer during an arrest.
They say 31-year-old Chad Michael Breinholt was under investigation for alleged DUI and was being processed at the police station in the basement of West Valley City Hall.
Police told the Deseret News that while Breinholt was being processed for his arrest, an altercation ensued and an officer fired his weapon and Breinholt was fatally shot.
They say officer involved was wearing a body camera and any and all pertinent information will be turned over to the Salt Lake City police, who are investigating the incident.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings