Double homicide under investigation in Roosevelt
ROOSEVELT, Utah – The Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the deaths of two men at a Halloween party that took place north of Roosevelt.
Deputies responded to a call at a home 1250 W. 850 N just after midnight Friday morning where they found two men dead.
Duchesne County Sheriff Travis Tucker says, “One, a 22-year old Jon Reed, Jr. He had been stabbed. Two, a 23-year old Tyrell Sowsonicut, and he had been shot. Both were tribal males.”
This is not the first time officers have been sent to this particular home.
“We know the house. I can’t tell you how many times we have been there, but we know the house,” Tucker says.
Tucker wouldn’t mention if they had any identification of a suspect, but, he says they’re still interviewing people who may have been at the party when the attacks happened. He says they already have conducted several.
“We have reports of between 15 and 20 people at the scene at the time,” he says.
Investigators believe Reed and Sowsonicut knew each other, but they don’t know what their relationship was. Tucker wasn’t sure if the two had been fighting.
Tucker says, “Both [bodies] will be sent out to the Utah Medical Examiner’s Office. We’re working with Roosevelt City, the FBI and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.”
(Contributing: Paul Nelson)
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment