2 injured in early morning house fire in Layton
LAYTON — Two people, a man and a woman, suffered minor injuries in a house fire in Layton but are expected to recover, fire officials said Sunday morning.
Fire investigation is underway. No FD injuries. Police officers who effected rescue evaluated & released on scene. pic.twitter.com/tBXHPVFsak
— LaytonFire (@Layton_Fire) January 12, 2020
It happened at 2780 E. Summerwood Drive. Three people were in the home at the time. Layton Fire Battalion Chief Jason Cook said one of them woke up to the smell of smoke just before 6 a.m. and discovered the fire in the basement.
According to Cook, the third person at the home, a woman located in the basement, was not able to escape on her own, but Layton police officers arrived and were able to rescue her. The officers were not injured.
Authorities will investigate the cause of the fire, which was put out quickly. Cook said they do not believe it is suspicious.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour