Developing: Homicide investigation in Grantsville 4 people confirmed dead
GRANSVILLE, UT — Police were on the scene of a homicide investigation Friday night near the area of Main Street and 700 East, involving five people who have been shot, four are deceased. A lone survivor was transported to Mountain West Medical Center in Tooele.
Police have one person in custody, but the identity of that person is still unknown as of late Friday night. Grantsville Mayor Brent Marshall, who came to the scene to speak with responders late Friday night, confirmed the victims, which include children, and the shooter are all related.
Governor Gary Herbert responded, saying the state of Utah was mourning the deaths, and that the state crime lab and the Department of Public Safety were assisting in the investigation.
See similar articles:
Today’s Top Stories
- False alarm of reported shots fired near Granger Elementary
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Iran wants US out of World Cup after change made to Iranian flag
- Latest snow on Utah roads prompts police to encourage safe driving
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- Utah well-represented during international gymnastics competition
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]