REXBURG — The biological grandmother of two missing children in Idaho spoke to Rexburg Police on Thursday evening just as a deadline for Lori Vallow, the children’s mother, expired.
Vallow did not comply with an action filed by the Madison County Prosecutor’s office to, by 5 p.m. on Thursday “physically produce Tylee and JJ to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare” in Rexburg.
Kay Vallow Woodcock, the biological grandmother of Joshua “JJ” Vallow, spoke at a news conference as 5 p.m. deadline passed. She said she had her hopes up, but that she was quite disappointed.
“How do you not produce your child,” she said. “How do you not know where your child is, number one (so she says), and how do you not have them for four months.”
Though she was disappointed in today’s outcome, Woodsock said she has faith that the efforts of law enforcement will bring answers to this case.
The mother of the kids, Lori Vallow, was ordered by the court to present her children in front of a judge by 5 p.m. Thursday or face contempt of court order.
Seven-year-old Joshua Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan haven’t been seen since late September.
The Kauai Police served Daybell and Vallow in Hawaii last Saturday, according to a letter sent by prosecutors. Officers there say they found no evidence that Tylee and JJ were ever in Hawaii.
Authorities say that a failure to comply with the child protection action will leave the couple in contempt of court.
The last time that JJ Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, were seen was in September according to police.
Normally, the existence of child protection actions is sealed. Prosecutors say this time, they received permission to unseal the existence of it “to alert the public and anyone with knowledge of the location or health and safety of the children.”
If you have any information about the missing children, please contact the Rexburg police at 208-359-3000 or report it to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children by calling 1 (800) 843-5678.
More information can also be found at www.findjjandtylee.com
Idaho Police looking for 2 missing children after suspicious death
Grandparents of missing Idaho kids offer $20,000 reward
Today’s Top Stories
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian…
- FBI: Human remains found during search for Brian Laundrie
- CDC says certain whole onions from Mexico are linked to Salmonella
- Facebook is planning to change its name, report says
- San Francisco shuts burger spot for not checking vaccination
- Concealed firearm permit applications drop after new Utah law takes effect
- White House details plans to vaccinate 28M children age 5-11
- FDA approves vaccine mixing, and authorizes booster doses of Moderna, J&J
- Lawmakers want audit of Utah election results, state leaders say no statewide fraud
- Are there solutions for the supply chain headaches?