More than 2,000 THC vape cartridges seized by UHP troopers
CEDAR CITY, Utah — Two Chicago men were under arrest late Wednesday after UHP troopers found 2,149 THC vape cartridges and nearly 4 pounds of a cannabis concentrate called THC shatter.
According to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Nick Street, the two were pulled over on I-15 near Cedar City just before midnight for speeding and failing to signal during a lane change. Street says the trooper could smell marijuana in the car.
William Joshua Diaz and Manuel Alejandro Guzman Mendez were arrested for investigation of drug distribution and drug possession.
Street says the investigation is in its early stages, but Wednesday’s bust is part of an ongoing effort to intercept THC devices and vape cartridges that he believes target juveniles and young adults. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the compound in marijuana believed to create a “high” for users.
More than 40,000 THC vape devices were seized by UHP troopers and agents for the State Bureau of Investigations in 2019.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery