More than 2,000 THC vape cartridges seized by UHP troopers
CEDAR CITY, Utah — Two Chicago men were under arrest late Wednesday after UHP troopers found 2,149 THC vape cartridges and nearly 4 pounds of a cannabis concentrate called THC shatter.
According to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Nick Street, the two were pulled over on I-15 near Cedar City just before midnight for speeding and failing to signal during a lane change. Street says the trooper could smell marijuana in the car.
William Joshua Diaz and Manuel Alejandro Guzman Mendez were arrested for investigation of drug distribution and drug possession.
Street says the investigation is in its early stages, but Wednesday’s bust is part of an ongoing effort to intercept THC devices and vape cartridges that he believes target juveniles and young adults. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the compound in marijuana believed to create a “high” for users.
More than 40,000 THC vape devices were seized by UHP troopers and agents for the State Bureau of Investigations in 2019.
Today’s Top Stories
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc