SALT LAKE CITY — Republican state lawmakers are sending a letter thanking President Trump.
House Speaker Brad Wilson and Senate President Stuart Adams both signed the citation thanking President Trump for all he has done for Utah and the nation.
It states that the US and Utah economies have grown steadily under the Trump administration’s policies.
It also praises President Trump’s visit to Utah to reduce the size of the national monuments, and his judicial picks and other actions.
The thank you came instead of bills that would have punished Senator Mitt Romney for his impeachment vote. The citation also calls on Congress to get back to work.
Democrats in the state legislature condemned the letter, saying it expresses an opinion that the body of the legislature did not discuss nor vote on.
- Smith's limiting number of customers in store, closing early Easter Sunday (pageviews: 12066)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci impressed with Utah response to COVID-19, state to train more in contact tracing (pageviews: 5205)
- Governor announces travel restrictions into Utah (pageviews: 5184)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 4365)
- Utah students not likely to return to school any time soon (pageviews: 2818)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 2173)
- Antibody testing one step closer to tackling COVID-19 in Utah (pageviews: 1502)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 1109)