Utah GOP leaders send letter thanking President Trump
SALT LAKE CITY — Republican state lawmakers are sending a letter thanking President Trump.
House Speaker Brad Wilson and Senate President Stuart Adams both signed the citation thanking President Trump for all he has done for Utah and the nation.
It states that the US and Utah economies have grown steadily under the Trump administration’s policies.
It also praises President Trump’s visit to Utah to reduce the size of the national monuments, and his judicial picks and other actions.
The thank you came instead of bills that would have punished Senator Mitt Romney for his impeachment vote. The citation also calls on Congress to get back to work.
Democrats in the state legislature condemned the letter, saying it expresses an opinion that the body of the legislature did not discuss nor vote on.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Georgia voters once again have the last word during election season
- Colorado gay club shooting suspect charged with hate crimes
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- “Quiet Santa” provides space for kids with sensory issues
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries