Utah GOP leaders send letter thanking President Trump
SALT LAKE CITY — Republican state lawmakers are sending a letter thanking President Trump.
House Speaker Brad Wilson and Senate President Stuart Adams both signed the citation thanking President Trump for all he has done for Utah and the nation.
It states that the US and Utah economies have grown steadily under the Trump administration’s policies.
It also praises President Trump’s visit to Utah to reduce the size of the national monuments, and his judicial picks and other actions.
The thank you came instead of bills that would have punished Senator Mitt Romney for his impeachment vote. The citation also calls on Congress to get back to work.
Democrats in the state legislature condemned the letter, saying it expresses an opinion that the body of the legislature did not discuss nor vote on.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane