SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that all remaining open temples will close temporarily across the world because of the coronavirus pandemic. This temporary closure will begin Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Due to the continued concerns related to COVID-19, all remaining open temples will temporarily close by end of day Wednesday, March 25, 2020. Please see the article for the First Presidency’s full letter. https://t.co/vrzedPP6ck
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) March 26, 2020
The First Presidency issued a letter this evening, calling for temples to suspend all activity and offer more information for temple patrons.
After careful and prayerful consideration, and with a desire to be responsible global citizens, we have decided to suspend all temple activity Churchwide at the end of the day on March 25, 2020. This is a temporary adjustment, and we look forward to the day when the temples will reopen.
Please be assured of our sincere love and appreciation for your devotion and faith.
The Church says all staff at the temple will be contacting those with appointments in the coming days to cancel them and that when the temples resume activity, patrons should contact the temple to reschedule.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 16267)
- Millions of cicadas are expected to emerge after 17 years underground because, of course, it's 2020 (pageviews: 11955)
- Utah’s governor: K-12 schools can return in the fall | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 9629)
- Hope In Darkness (pageviews: 6611)
- Utah's governor: K-12 schools can return in the fall (pageviews: 6599)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3986)
- Utah ranked 5th in lowest COVID-19 death rates, study shows | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2596)
- Necco Wafers are on the way back (pageviews: 2381)