One dead after early morning crash on I-15
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified Kelton Kluvers, 20, of Blackfoot, Idaho as the victim in an early morning single-vehicle crash on I-15.
The crash happened just after 3:00 am on Monday morning at 1200 N on the southbound side of I-15.
“A witness on scene stated that the vehicle drifted to the left and struck the center barrier,” according to a statement from UHP.
“The vehicle then rolled several times and came to rest with the driver ejected and pinned under the vehicle.”
Kluvers was transported to the hospital where he later died.
UHP says that it appears as if the driver fell asleep at the wheel and was likely not wearing a seatbelt.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Driving Utah’s most dangerous roads: What you need to know
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony