One dead after early morning crash on I-15
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified Kelton Kluvers, 20, of Blackfoot, Idaho as the victim in an early morning single-vehicle crash on I-15.
The crash happened just after 3:00 am on Monday morning at 1200 N on the southbound side of I-15.
“A witness on scene stated that the vehicle drifted to the left and struck the center barrier,” according to a statement from UHP.
“The vehicle then rolled several times and came to rest with the driver ejected and pinned under the vehicle.”
Kluvers was transported to the hospital where he later died.
UHP says that it appears as if the driver fell asleep at the wheel and was likely not wearing a seatbelt.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito