Man arrested after construction worker found dead in WVC
SALT LAKE CITY — West Valley City Police have arrested a man for shooting and killing a construction worker on Thursday.
Jesus Valdez, 30, was booked into jail on a parole violation.
In a tweet, West Valley City police said Valdez was arrested at a home near Indiana Avenue and Redwood Road.
Police spokeswoman Roxane Vainuku says the victim and those living nearby the construction site had a tumultuous relationship. She says there had been complaints about noise from the construction work.
According to KSL.com, a homeowner called police Thursday afternoon reporting a construction worker was injured. Vainuku says that for a time, it was unclear what had happened to the victim.
Investigators developed information about the suspect’s location and today, just before noon, arrested the suspect at a home near 1700 W Indiana Ave. the suspect’s name will be released upon booking. The victim’s name will be released upon proper notification.
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) May 29, 2020
Police say they thought he might have injured himself with construction equipment. But after an investigation, they learned the victim had been shot.
An investigation continues.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…