Hit-and-run wreck in Bluffdale involved two SUVs, both carrying trailers
(BLUFFDALE, UT) — A hit-and-run wreck involving two SUVs, both carrying trailers, blocked off traffic going North on I-15 Sunday afternoon.
“The vehicles involved were both SUVs, both pulling trailers, one left the scene and the other remained,” according to UHP spokesperson Tara Wahlberg, at around 1:45 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
Wahlberg said there were no injuries and despite the many witnesses driving on the freeway at the time, no one got a license plate number.
Utah Department of Transportation cameras showed the big delays, and the remaining SUV and trailer, both flipped onto their sides on the exit ramp from the freeway to 14600 South. At one time up to three right lanes were blocked on the main flow. All lanes were opened, along with lanes on the exit ramp by around 3:15 p.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- US-Iran match reflects a regional rivalry for many Arab fans
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Emergency snow preparation will prove vital this winter
- Snow storm brings highly dangerous avalanche conditions