ST. ANTHONY, Idaho — Chad Daybell, the stepfather of two Idaho children who vanished last fall before their remains were found on his property is facing new charges in the case.
Daybell faces charges of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence, one day after his wife, Lori Vallow, appeared in court to hear the same charges read against her.
Related: UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children
The conspiracy charges represent additional charges to those filed against Daybell earlier this month; at that time, he was charged with two counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence.
Daybell and Vallow have long faced suspicion related to the disappearance and death of Vallow’s children, Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan. The FBI, Rexburg police and other agencies conducted a search of Daybell’s property on June 9, discovering remains later identified as belonging to the children in the backyard.
Prosecutors allege Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow conspired to dispose of the remains.
All of the charges filed in the case are felonies.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 3190)
- Small plane carrying six people crashed in Duchesne County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1663)
- Transcript of Lori Daybell’s call to Chad Daybell on day of children’s discovery | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1597)
- Victim in critical condition after police shooting in Holladay (pageviews: 1402)
- I-80 to be closed from 9 am to 9 pm Friday for firefighting efforts (pageviews: 1329)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 1310)
- Transcript of Lori Daybell's call to Chad Daybell on day of children's discovery (pageviews: 1189)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1165)