Officials identify 92-year-old woman in fatal crash on I-84
MOUNTAIN GREEN — Friday evening, Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) troopers were notified about a head-on collision that was blocking the freeway westbound on I-84 in Morgan County. When they arrived on the scene they found a 92-year-old woman had sustained fatal injuries.
The UHP said that a BMW was traveling eastbound on I-84 at a high rate of speed when it veered quickly into the westbound lane. It smashed through the cable barrier and collided head-on with another vehicle.
They have identified the passenger that sustained fatal injuries as Gladys Vause, a 92-year-old woman from Morgan County.
Officials say that impairment and excessive speed are possible contributing factors.
The crash diverted traffic on I-84 for about four hours so that officials could complete their investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs