Canyons School District begins online open enrollment
SANDY, Utah – The Canyons School District has started its annual online open enrollment. Though the district has held open enrollment online for years, Fall 2020’s options for students are a little different because of COVID-19.
Parents can choose to send their children to school on-campus or continue doing online classes.
District spokesman Jeff Haney says they are also offering a Guided At Home option, which is similar to homeschooling.
“This is for the parents who like guiding their child’s learning [and], perhaps, wants to maintain that connection to the local neighborhood school and maintain access to services,” Haney says.
Those services would include counseling and teacher support.
Haney says they want as many people as possible to sign up as soon as possible.
“The faster we have the firm enrollment numbers, the quicker we can make decisions about programs and class sizes and which assignments teachers will be given for the school year,” Haney said.
They will also be able to send out more information to parents and students about the upcoming semester.
More information can be found here
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured