Canyons School District begins online open enrollment
SANDY, Utah – The Canyons School District has started its annual online open enrollment. Though the district has held open enrollment online for years, Fall 2020’s options for students are a little different because of COVID-19.
Parents can choose to send their children to school on-campus or continue doing online classes.
District spokesman Jeff Haney says they are also offering a Guided At Home option, which is similar to homeschooling.
“This is for the parents who like guiding their child’s learning [and], perhaps, wants to maintain that connection to the local neighborhood school and maintain access to services,” Haney says.
Those services would include counseling and teacher support.
Haney says they want as many people as possible to sign up as soon as possible.
“The faster we have the firm enrollment numbers, the quicker we can make decisions about programs and class sizes and which assignments teachers will be given for the school year,” Haney said.
They will also be able to send out more information to parents and students about the upcoming semester.
More information can be found here
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says