SPRINGDALE, Utah– Park Rangers are looking for information regarding vandalism on sandstone on the Kolob Terrace at Zion National Park.
In a press release on Friday, Zion park rangers described the vandalism as “approximately six bright blue squares, approximately 3’ by 3’, painted on the sandstone, one mile south of the Wildcat Trailhead.”
Rangers currently believe the paint is a part of a masonry or art project.
While the majority of the blue paint has been removed from the sandstone, rangers note vandalism is harmful and illegal to park sites.
“Repair of vandalized sites is costly and time-consuming. The staff often cannot restore sites and resources to their former condition,” said park officials.
The park asks you to contact (888) 653-0009 if you have information on the incident. Rangers mention you don’t have to identify yourself, they just want to know how to prevent this in the future.
- Police investigate shots fired at Provo MTC (pageviews: 6389)
- Full transcript of Lori Daybell secret phone call recording (pageviews: 4540)
- Police investigate shots fired at Provo MTC | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2749)
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details (pageviews: 2627)
- Fatal officer-involved shooting in Kearns (pageviews: 2375)
- Transfer trouble? Out-of-state high school football players have their eyes set on Utah (pageviews: 2099)
- Post Malone talks Utah and aliens in almost four hour podcast (pageviews: 1741)
- These companies are working from home until 2021 -- or forever (pageviews: 1733)