SPRINGDALE, Utah– Park Rangers are looking for information regarding vandalism on sandstone on the Kolob Terrace at Zion National Park.
In a press release on Friday, Zion park rangers described the vandalism as “approximately six bright blue squares, approximately 3’ by 3’, painted on the sandstone, one mile south of the Wildcat Trailhead.”
Rangers currently believe the paint is a part of a masonry or art project.
While the majority of the blue paint has been removed from the sandstone, rangers note vandalism is harmful and illegal to park sites.
“Repair of vandalized sites is costly and time-consuming. The staff often cannot restore sites and resources to their former condition,” said park officials.
The park asks you to contact (888) 653-0009 if you have information on the incident. Rangers mention you don’t have to identify yourself, they just want to know how to prevent this in the future.
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4562)
- Grand jury indicts 1 police officer in Breonna Taylor death (pageviews: 1986)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1736)
- Provo, Orem to move to "orange" during COVID-19 uptick (pageviews: 1648)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately (pageviews: 1611)
- Navajo to extend weekend lockdown because of new virus cases | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1442)
- Sen. Mitt Romney says he will not block a vote on SCOTUS nominee (pageviews: 1283)
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron (pageviews: 1262)