Victim in critical condition after police shooting in Holladay
HOLLADAY– One person is in critical condition after a police shooting at a parking structure near 3210 E 6200 S in Holladay.
On Saturday around 12:15 p.m., the Unified Police Department responded to a suicidal man who was reported to be armed. Police say when they arrived, the man was armed with a handgun.
According to a police statement, officers say they negotiated with the man for approximately 30 minutes. At 1:13 p.m., they said a police shooting took place, but offered no details about what led up to it.
The man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
No officers were injured.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured