Victim in critical condition after police shooting in Holladay
HOLLADAY– One person is in critical condition after a police shooting at a parking structure near 3210 E 6200 S in Holladay.
On Saturday around 12:15 p.m., the Unified Police Department responded to a suicidal man who was reported to be armed. Police say when they arrived, the man was armed with a handgun.
According to a police statement, officers say they negotiated with the man for approximately 30 minutes. At 1:13 p.m., they said a police shooting took place, but offered no details about what led up to it.
The man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
No officers were injured.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- Watch a preview of the star-studded “Princess Bride” remake