Propane-initiated fire destroys 3 homes in Garden City overnight
GARDEN CITY, UT — A fire that was fueled by propane burned through a mobile home park on the south side of Bear Lake on Saturday night, destroying three homes and badly damaging another.
“Propane appears to be one of the initiating factors, ” said Garden City Fire District Chief Mike Wahlberg in a news release.
“As the fire progressed, it destroyed the first home and quickly spread to three other structures.”
“During the course of the fire, several large explosions caused by multiple propane tanks shook the immediate vicinity,” he said.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze but not before the fire destroyed three structures left one badly damaged.
It was reported that no homeowners sustained any injuries and that all were accounted for.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury