Twitter’s most liked tweet of all time now belongs to Chadwick Boseman
(CNN) — The tweet announcing that the world had lost Chadwick Boseman is now the most liked tweet of all time.
Twitter confirmed the accolade on its own verified account Saturday simply stating: “Most liked Tweet ever. A tribute fit for a King. #WakandaForever.”
Most liked Tweet ever.
— Twitter (@Twitter) August 29, 2020
The tweet from the verified Boseman account shared a black and white image of him with a statement confirming he had lost a four-year battle with colon cancer on Friday. He was 43 years old.
The message went viral and now stands alone at the top of Twitter’s metrics board with more than 5.7 million likes.
The next closest tweet was one from Barack Obama in 2017 that included a quote by Nelson Mandela. The words and image have been liked more than 4.3 million times.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought