Uintah School District confirms 2nd COVID-19 case at elementary school
UINTAH COUNTY, Utah — The Uintah School District reported its second confirmed COVID-19 case Saturday, after a student from Discovery Elementary School tested positive. Both cases were reported from the same school.
However, the cases are unrelated and were not contracted at the school, according to contact tracing conducted through the TriCounty Health Department.
Anyone who was in contact and potentially exposed to the virus has been notified by the school’s principal.
Roughly 25.4% of all COVID cases in the Uintah region are reported by residents 25 years old or younger, according to the health department. Those over 25 years old account for the remaining 74.6%.
The school district, along with the health department, encourage parents and students who begin exhibiting symptoms to avoid contact with others and contact their primary care providers.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Possible changes to schools could be coming in Salt Lake City School District
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Bill introduced to keep teacher salary increases on pace with inflation
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high