Lori Vallow Daybell pleads ‘not guilty’ in Idaho court
Lori Vallow Daybell appears in an Idaho court Thursday and pleaded ‘not guilty’
ST. ANTHONY, Idaho — Lori Vallow Daybell pleaded not guilty to two felony charges relating to the death and disappearance of her two children, 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow, and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan in an Idaho court Thursday. Her attorney Mark Means entered the plea after District Judge Dane H. Watkins Jr. summarized the two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence she is charged with.
A jury trial is scheduled tentatively to begin at 10 a.m. on April 2 with a pretrial conference scheduled for March 22.
Last month, Lori Vallow Daybell waived her right to a preliminary hearing.
Chad Daybell also pleaded not guilty
Last month, Lori Vallow Daybell’s husband, Chad, pleaded not guilty during his arraignment on four felony counts relating to the death and disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan.
The bodies of both 7-year-old Vallow and 17-year-old Ryan were found buried on Chad Daybell’s property on June 9.
Chad Daybell’s jury trial is set to begin on January 11, 2021. Both the defense and prosecution expect his trial to last three weeks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Missing girls from South Jordan found near San Diego
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- UDOT makes changes to traffic study after feedback