Police investigating deadly shooting in Layton
LAYTON — Police are investigating a deadly shooting that took place near Church Street in Layton last night where a man was found alone with multiple gunshot wounds.
Sargent Eric Smith of Layton Police Department said after 8 p.m. Saturday police responded to a shooting in the area of Golden and Church Street.
Police found the adult male who had been shot multiple times outside on the street with nobody else at the scene.
Layton Fire transported the shooting victim to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police said they believe it was a drive-by shooting.
Sargent Ottesen with the Layton Police Department said detectives were out all night and they do have a few leads they are following.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito