“There was an idea,” Nick Fury told audience members in 2012. The idea: to bring together a group of inspiring superheroes to one movie screen to see if they could become something greater.
That idea played out in the two-part series of “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame” — the film duo many moviegoers called the “most ambitious crossover” by Disney. However, the media company isn’t finished yet.
Samuel L. Jackson is set to reprise his role as Nick Fury in an upcoming Disney Plus series, according to a report by Variety. The exact details on the plot and premise of the show are still unknown. However, Jackson is rumored to be working behind-the-scenes to help produce.
The show will air roughly 12 years after Jackson debuted as Nick Fury in Marvel’s “Iron Man.” His character helped link all of the superhero movies in the series together until the characters united in “The Avengers” in 2012.
In fact, Fury’s character helped bridging the gap between the Marvel Universe and Sony; he appeared in “Spider-Man: Far From Home” in 2019. The character also played a major role in “Captain Marvel.”
Rumors the actor would star in his own Nick Fury show began circulating nearly 10 years ago. Jackson regularly expressed enthusiasm toward the idea. However, he left the decision up to Marvel.
Jackson appeared in several episodes of the spin-off “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” But this would be the first time Nick Fury appears in a series as a regular character.
If approved, the TV series will be the latest Marvel project to premiere on Disney Plus. “WandaVision” should air later this year. Next up, “The Falcon and Winter Solider” and “Loki” are slated to appear on the streaming service in 2021.
- Range Fire leads to Provo Canyon closure and evacuations | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 13361)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 11981)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 8329)
- UPDATES: Range Fire and Fire Canyon fire | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 6114)
- Truckers ask UDOT to fix lanes on I-15 after near miss | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4703)
- Missing hiker found in Zion National Park after 12-day search (pageviews: 4566)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4133)
- Range Fire leads to Provo Canyon closure and evacuations (pageviews: 2598)