Two people die in single rollover crash on Skull Valley Road in Tooele
TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol continues an investigation into an accident early Sunday morning on southbound Skull Valley Road, also known as SR-196. Two people were killed in the accident.
UHP officials say neither person was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Spokesman Chris Bishop says the single-vehicle rollover crash occurred about 14 miles south of I-80 in Tooele County.
Bishop says the call came in at 5:43 a.m. on Sunday morning and when authorities arrived on the scene they found that two people had been ejected and killed.
The area is shut down while an accident reconstruction team is expected to continue the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study