One person dead from auto-pedestrian accident overnight in Murray
MURRAY — Utah Highway Patrol says one person is dead from an early Saturday morning auto-pedestrian accident in Murray involving a white SUV at the top of the exit ramp to 4500 South. The incident happened around 4:30 Saturday morning.
“The SUV struck a pedestrian and continued driving. A citizen followed the SUV and called 9-1-1 to report it as reckless driving. Murray PD located the suspect vehicle and stopped it,” according to UHP Corporal Andrew Battenfield.
Battenfield says it was a short time later that they went back to the scene of the accident and found the body near the exit ramp in Murray. He does not know why the pedestrian was out on that exit ramp early Saturday morning. The driver is being investigated for impairment.
Neither identities of the driver or pedestrian are known as of early Saturday morning, according to UHP.
All lanes of SB I-15 were back open by 9 a.m. Saturday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- Russian missiles hit Kyiv as G7 summit begins in Europe
- More emergency supplies are going from Utah to Florida
- Police search for woman accused of stabbing neighbor
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Residents of four Salt Lake City apartments displaced by fire
- Provo’s Freedom Parade will allow LGBTQ groups to participate
- Man arrested after disarming police officer, firing the gun
- Planned Parenthood of Utah files lawsuit against the state