One person dead from auto-pedestrian accident overnight in Murray
MURRAY — Utah Highway Patrol says one person is dead from an early Saturday morning auto-pedestrian accident in Murray involving a white SUV at the top of the exit ramp to 4500 South. The incident happened around 4:30 Saturday morning.
“The SUV struck a pedestrian and continued driving. A citizen followed the SUV and called 9-1-1 to report it as reckless driving. Murray PD located the suspect vehicle and stopped it,” according to UHP Corporal Andrew Battenfield.
Battenfield says it was a short time later that they went back to the scene of the accident and found the body near the exit ramp in Murray. He does not know why the pedestrian was out on that exit ramp early Saturday morning. The driver is being investigated for impairment.
Neither identities of the driver or pedestrian are known as of early Saturday morning, according to UHP.
All lanes of SB I-15 were back open by 9 a.m. Saturday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Northbound I-15 in Juab County closed for a time Wednesday night
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression