Pregnant woman dies in car crash, baby delivered and critically injured
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley Police say a pregnant woman died in a car crash Thursday night, and her baby is in critical condition still alive. The crash happened around 7 P.M. on Bangerter Highway at the intersection of 3500 South.
Fatal car crash, with miraculous delivery
Newborn in critical condition
“The baby was delivered and was in critical condition and I believe, was being flown to Primary Children’s Hospital,” says Lieutenant Mauer.
A tragic crash in West Valley City kills a mother who was 8 months pregnant. Her baby was delivered at the hospital but is in critical condition this morning. Happened at 3500 South and Bangerter Hwy. I’ll have more details on @KSL5TV throughout the A.M. pic.twitter.com/gW9646DflP
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 16, 2020
Meanwhile, both the driver of the Subaru and the driver of the Mitsubishi Lancer were listed in stable condition.
Police say they are still investigating what caused the crash and have not ruled out alcohol, drugs or distracted driving.
“We’re still looking into all of that,” she explains. “We haven’t ruled out anything yet.”
No identities have been released at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]