WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley Police say a pregnant woman died in a car crash Thursday night, and her baby is in critical condition still alive. The crash happened around 7 P.M. on Bangerter Highway at the intersection of 3500 South.
Fatal car crash, with miraculous delivery
Newborn in critical condition
“The baby was delivered and was in critical condition and I believe, was being flown to Primary Children’s Hospital,” says Lieutenant Mauer.
A tragic crash in West Valley City kills a mother who was 8 months pregnant. Her baby was delivered at the hospital but is in critical condition this morning. Happened at 3500 South and Bangerter Hwy. I’ll have more details on @KSL5TV throughout the A.M. pic.twitter.com/gW9646DflP
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 16, 2020
Meanwhile, both the driver of the Subaru and the driver of the Mitsubishi Lancer were listed in stable condition.
Police say they are still investigating what caused the crash and have not ruled out alcohol, drugs or distracted driving.
“We’re still looking into all of that,” she explains. “We haven’t ruled out anything yet.”
No identities have been released at this time.
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 2282)
- Utah sets another record for single day COVID-19 infections | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1813)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 1580)
- Utah sets another record for single day COVID-19 infections (pageviews: 1368)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1208)
- UDOT estimates I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. (pageviews: 1079)
- UDOT estimates I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 854)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 827)