Pregnant woman dies in car crash, baby delivered and critically injured
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley Police say a pregnant woman died in a car crash Thursday night, and her baby is in critical condition still alive. The crash happened around 7 P.M. on Bangerter Highway at the intersection of 3500 South.
Fatal car crash, with miraculous delivery
Newborn in critical condition
“The baby was delivered and was in critical condition and I believe, was being flown to Primary Children’s Hospital,” says Lieutenant Mauer.
A tragic crash in West Valley City kills a mother who was 8 months pregnant. Her baby was delivered at the hospital but is in critical condition this morning. Happened at 3500 South and Bangerter Hwy. I’ll have more details on @KSL5TV throughout the A.M. pic.twitter.com/gW9646DflP
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 16, 2020
Meanwhile, both the driver of the Subaru and the driver of the Mitsubishi Lancer were listed in stable condition.
Police say they are still investigating what caused the crash and have not ruled out alcohol, drugs or distracted driving.
“We’re still looking into all of that,” she explains. “We haven’t ruled out anything yet.”
No identities have been released at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July