Police arrest suspect in SLC shooting homicide case, 1 victim dead, 2 in critical condition
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say they have arrested a suspect in a shooting that has killed one person and left two in critical condition in Salt Lake City. In a statement Monday, Salt Lake City police say they are investigating the shooting as a homicide.
The suspect taken into custody is a 17-year-old juvenile, according to police.
Detectives were able identify and locate the suspect in this homicide. A 17-year-old male juvenile, has been taken into custody. pic.twitter.com/hNGr55VHi6
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) October 19, 2020
The incident occurred near Tanner Park at 2535 E. Heritage Way around 4 p.m on Sunday. When police arrived at the scene, they said they found three males with gunshot wounds. The three men were transported to nearby hospitals in critical condition.
As of Monday, one 25-year-old victim has died from his shooting injuries. Officers report witnesses at the scene saw the suspect driving away from the scene in a black SUV, possibly a BMW.
The homicide investigation is ongoing. If you have any information about the shooting or case, police ask you please call 801-799-3000, and reference case #20-188602.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing