Weber County Sheriff’s deputy on leave after fatal shooting in Huntsville
SALT LAKE CITY — The Weber County Sheriff’s office reports that one of their deputies is on administrative leave after fatally shooting a suspect reportedly trying to break into a trailer parked in front of a Huntsville home.
On October 23 at approximately 10:40 p.m., Weber area dispatchers were notified of a man with a gun in Huntsville, according to information released on Facebook.
According to the statement, a homeowner reported seeing a man trying to break into a trailer. The caller reportedly told dispatchers that the suspect fired several shots.
Weber County Sheriff deputies responded along with a deputy from the Morgan County Sheriff’s department.
The statement says that when deputies arrived on the scene, the armed subject began acting aggressively toward the deputies. At that time, the statement says both deputies fired shots at the suspect. Though medical aid was given, the suspect died at the scene.
Currently, the shooting is reportedly being investigated by the Weber County Office, Officer Involved Critical Incident Team. The Weber County deputy is on administrative leave pending the results of the investigation.
The location of the shooting as well as the name of the suspect have not yet been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Church of Jesus Christ announces hack affecting community members’ personal data
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide