Update: Investigation continues after explosion at South Jordan home
SALT LAKE CITY — (Update: 11/01/2020) Firefighters responded to a call at 3371 Snow Moon Place on Saturday and found a male adult who was in critical condition with lower leg injuries.
The male was treated and then taken by AirMed to the University of Utah Medical Center for further treatment.
An investigation revealed that there was no fire inside the home and officials say that the emergency call was due to an explosion that happened inside the home.
Due to the incident that happened in July 2020 at the same home involving explosives, the South Jordan Police Department, West Valley and UFA Bomb Squad, FBI and ATF are conducting a joint investigation into the events leading up to the explosion.
Two nearby homes were initially evacuated as a precaution until a bomb squad confirmed that there was no risk to the community.
An investigation into what happened is still ongoing and the house will remain condemned as a result of the damage from the previous incident at the house.
South Jordan Police is asking anyone that may have information that can help further their investigation to contact SJPD at 801-840-4000.
(Original report: 10/31/2020)
A fire and explosion were reported at a home at 3371 Snow Moon Place on Saturday.
Early reports indicate that one person was flown by helicopter with unknown injuries.
This is the same house where numerous weapons and ammunition were found by South Jordan police in late July 2020.
On Saturday night, KSL Newsradio was informed that the South Jordan Fire Department and the South Jordan Police Department remain on the scene of the fire and explosion, along with a bomb squad.
They say this incident remains under investigation and that more information will be released on Sunday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- “Mini-bottles” could return to Utah state liquor stores
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting