Update: Investigation continues after explosion at South Jordan home
SALT LAKE CITY — (Update: 11/01/2020) Firefighters responded to a call at 3371 Snow Moon Place on Saturday and found a male adult who was in critical condition with lower leg injuries.
The male was treated and then taken by AirMed to the University of Utah Medical Center for further treatment.
An investigation revealed that there was no fire inside the home and officials say that the emergency call was due to an explosion that happened inside the home.
Due to the incident that happened in July 2020 at the same home involving explosives, the South Jordan Police Department, West Valley and UFA Bomb Squad, FBI and ATF are conducting a joint investigation into the events leading up to the explosion.
Two nearby homes were initially evacuated as a precaution until a bomb squad confirmed that there was no risk to the community.
An investigation into what happened is still ongoing and the house will remain condemned as a result of the damage from the previous incident at the house.
South Jordan Police is asking anyone that may have information that can help further their investigation to contact SJPD at 801-840-4000.
(Original report: 10/31/2020)
A fire and explosion were reported at a home at 3371 Snow Moon Place on Saturday.
Early reports indicate that one person was flown by helicopter with unknown injuries.
This is the same house where numerous weapons and ammunition were found by South Jordan police in late July 2020.
On Saturday night, KSL Newsradio was informed that the South Jordan Fire Department and the South Jordan Police Department remain on the scene of the fire and explosion, along with a bomb squad.
They say this incident remains under investigation and that more information will be released on Sunday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered