SALT LAKE CITY — There is reportedly a contract extension deal in the works between the Utah Jazz and 6-foot-3 guard, Donovan Mitchell.
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports the team and Mitchell have agreed to a 5-year, $195 million rookie extension.
ESPN story on Utah Jazz All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell reaching agreement on a five-year max contract extension: https://t.co/cUMOkiuD6z
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 22, 2020
ESPN reports the deal includes a guaranteed base salary of $163 million, which would increase to $195 million if Mitchell is chosen to play for one of the three All-NBA teams.
During his relatively short career, Mitchell has averaged 22.7 points and 4.0 assists during regular season play. His averages increase during playoff games, however, becoming 27.3 points per game.
In last season’s first-round loss to the Denver Nuggets, Mitchell scored 36.3 points and joined some of the NBA’s royalty.
With his last basket, Donovan Mitchell has now eclipsed 4,500 points in his 199th NBA game.
He joins Dwyane Wade, Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, Mitch Richmond and Michael Jordan as the last six guards to total 4,500+ points within their first 200 games #TakeNote
— Utah Jazz PR (@UtahJazzPR) January 23, 2020
Mitchell began his professional career in 2017 when he was drafted by the Denver Nuggets with the 13th overall pick. That same night, he was traded to the Utah Jazz.
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission index” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 14286)
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to "transmission index" (pageviews: 8983)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4442)
- Ogden Police Department confirms shots fired Wednesday night – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1099)
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transiton begin (pageviews: 903)
- Developers roll out new COVID-19 test that also detects influenza and RSV (pageviews: 807)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC (pageviews: 804)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 762)