Police offer reward for info in Akosita Kaufusi homicide case
SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Police Department announced that they are offering a $1,500 reward for any information or evidence that would lead them to an arrest in regards to the Akosita Kaufusi Homicide.
Kaufusi’s remains were found near Saltair in late August and police say she was murdered at the Great Salt Lake around Aug. 14, 2020.
According to police, Kaufusi’s last known address was in Millcreek but a records search has revealed that she also lived in Roosevelt and Heber City.
Police are asking anyone with information to contact the Unified Police Department Violent Crimes Unit at 385-468-9800.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Utah Naloxone and law enforcement reach milestone in preventing overdose deaths
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Power outage in Murray leaves 4,943 customers without power