Hunter Biden says he’s under tax investigation
(CNN) — President-elect Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, said Wednesday in a statement that he learned his tax affairs are being investigated by the US Attorney’s Office in Delaware.
Hunter Biden said his attorney informed him on Tuesday that the US attorney’s office advised his lawyer of the investigation.
“I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors,” he said in a statement.
The Biden transition team also put out a statement about the news: “President-elect Biden is deeply proud of his son, who has fought through difficult challenges, including the vicious personal attacks of recent months, only to emerge stronger.”
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- False alarm of reported shots fired near Granger Elementary
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Iran wants US out of World Cup after change made to Iranian flag
- Latest snow on Utah roads prompts police to encourage safe driving
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Utah well-represented during international gymnastics competition
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead