Tri-County health department announces vaccine distribution schedule
The TCHD expects 400 doses of the vaccine to arrive on Dec. 23, according to a statement received by KSL Newsradio.
The TCHD serves Uintah, Duchesne and Daggett counties in northern Utah.
Tri-County vaccine distribution: Phase One
The first people to receive the vaccine will be “critical TCHD staff,” according to the statement, so that they may safely administer the vaccine to others.
In determining who will first receive the vaccine, the TCHD said it’s using the outline provided in the Utah COVID-19 vaccination plan.
Non-hospital healthcare workers will receive their vaccinations on Monday, Dec. 28. These include non-hospital healthcare staff, long-term care facilities and Emergency Medical Services.
The statement indicates that educators are in wave two of the first phase of vaccination distribution, and will not be offered vaccines until all non-hospital healthcare workers across the state have the opportunity to be vaccinated — probably in January.
TCHD Second Phase and beyond
The second phase of the TCHD’s vaccination process will include shelters, at-risk workers, at-risk ethnic groups and people living in congregate living facilities.
The TCHD plan states that vaccine availability by approximately July 2021 will allow for the third phase to begin, which includes giving the COVID-19 vaccine to anyone in Utah that would like to be vaccinated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Congress sends landmark gun violence compromise to Biden
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash